Even though the negative consequences of a strict diet are well known to many, people continue to use this method to get rid of extra pounds. However, those who are really concerned about their health are more likely to look for weight loss methods without strict and unsafe restrictions. You don’t even have to visit the gym to do this. You can also lose weight at home: simply follow the recommendations, do easy exercises, and choose the right menu.
Why don't diets work?
Most people who have ever dieted will experience a new crisis after the restrictions are lifted: the extra pounds will be returned in double or even triple volumes. This is due to the peculiarities of the human body. The dieter does not get many essential trace elements. In addition, a sharp change in diet has a negative effect on the nervous system. The stressed body does not try to break down fat cells, but rather stores them for later use. Because of this, the weight either stops or comes on. This trend is particularly evident in monodiet and hunger.
Why drugs don't work
Many people who are looking for quick results turn to pills or powders to enhance weight loss. Pills are not only a panacea, but frankly a cheap marketing ploy as well. Medications do not help get rid of excess fat, they only activate physiological processes (such as laxatives or diuretics), remove processed products and excess water from the body.
Modern nutritionists recommend giving up tablets supposedly intended for liposuction. Homeopathic remedies have no effect as medicated pacifiers (placebo) and more serious medications have extremely negative effects on the liver, kidneys and digestive organs.
How to achieve weight loss at home
Losing weight at home is not as difficult as it seems at first glance. You don’t have to look for a new diet or keep exhausting daily workouts.
Just follow two points:
- balance your diet;
- perform simple physical exercises 3-4 times a week.
Both points mean that losing weight should change your quality of life. Most often, being overweight is associated with either a poor diet, a sedentary lifestyle, or some latent illness. If no violations are found after passing the tests and consulting your professional doctor, you can adjust your daily activity and daily diet.
Proper nutrition system
A healthy, proper nutrition system is not a diet. It is a special worldview that allows a person to be strong, healthy and able to continue working. Proper diet does not mean strict restrictions and denies all strict prohibitions.
This system is based on the following rules:
- refusal to consume fast carbohydrates in the evening. It’s no secret that there are people who can’t refuse a sweet, starchy or fast food restaurant. With proper nutrition, this is not necessary: you just need to postpone the time you consume these products until noon so that the body has time to break down the calories it consumes during the day;
- adherence to the drinking order. Abundant use of clean water (at least 1, 5-2 liters per day) improves metabolic processes and accelerates weight loss;
- lack of hunger. To avoid starvation, meals should be divided into 5-6 parts: between 3 people (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and 2-3 snacks. The body may not feel hungry, otherwise instead of dividing the fat cells, it will start storing;
- increase in protein and fiber in the diet. Protein is the building block of our muscles, and fiber has a positive effect on metabolism and the removal of waste products from the body. Eat more dietary meat, fish, legumes, vegetables;
- inclusion of healthy fats in the diet. A healthy diet does not rule out healthy fats. These nutrients allow all organs of the gastrointestinal tract to function without interruption. Fats also have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin and hair. Healthy fats are found in sea fish, natural vegetable oil, caviar, olives, avocado, nuts, cheese and fermented dairy products.
Following the principles of proper nutrition does not require special skills or culinary skills. The balanced menu usually includes cooked, steamed, steamed, fried foods so you can choose the perfect diet for everyone.
One of the basic rules is to adhere to the norms of proteins, fats, carbohydrates and fiber. For example, in the morning you should eat slow carbohydrates (cereals), at lunch you should eat fats, proteins, fiber. Protein and fiber should be left for dinner. You can use fermented dairy products as well as moderate-calorie fruits (apples, pineapples, unsweetened pears, mangoes) for snacks.
Fat burning exercises
You don't have to go to the gym to lose weight. Light exercise helps start the fat burning process while tightening the body. To activate weight loss, you need to do aerobic activity - any cardio workout that suits you.
These sports loads are based on accelerating your heart rate: the higher your heart rate, the faster your blood circulation and oxygen exchange, during which fat cells are actively broken down. For those who prefer home exercises, Gillian Michaels or Tracy Anderson’s video tutorial is ideal.
People with high overweight or diagnosed obesity can start losing weight with complexes like callanetics, pilates, swimming, walking locally. Gradually, the transition to more complex training programs is allowed, which include running, skipping rope, training on simulators of different levels of difficulty (walking at home, training with tape, dancing aerobics).
Weight loss is possible at home without exhaustive diets. You don’t need magic pills or professional trainers for that. You just need to adjust your diet and include moderate physical activity in your daily routine. The combination of a healthy diet and regular exercise will allow you to see the first positive results in 3-4 weeks.